Monday, August 16, 2010

Thunder and Lightning

Oscar is such a little baby. Not too many nights ago, the silence of the night was broken up by many flashes of light followed by the sound of loud crashes. We both got up to investigate what was all happening; at least that is what I thought. It turns out that I went to investigate this on my own as Oscar jumped into the sleeping place of our humans. After the third loud crash made the house shake, I quickly joined him to see if the humans could make stop whatever was going on. What I found when I got there was very alarming to me. The kitten that insisted he was a grown up, a protector, and a hunter was, um, sucking on the smaller human’s shirt as if he was trying to get mama’s milk. Her shirt was very wet by the time I had arrived there.

Quiet, Olivia, you have no idea what you are talking about. I ran to the humans to make sure that they were safe and not scared. I thought that this woman was scared, so I started lick and knead her.

Yes, sure you were Oscar, sure you were. Do you remember the first time these noises happened? You jumped in the air and sprayed your pee while airborne. You are still a little baby…I even have to clean both you and the litter box after you use it.

This is coming from a kitten who is too scared to come down from the tree when she climbs it? Who is the first kitten to leave the yard? I am. You have never even set foot in the area behind the house. As far as the peeing in the air thing, it felt as if the world exploded around us when that noise was made, and you ran and hid under the bed afterwards. That was a scary night for all of us, since both of the humans were also very scared most of the night.

The thing about Olivia is that she is part sister, part mother, and part housekeeper. She cleans everything, and I mean everything. I will be in the litter box, playing in the sand after making some brownies, and she comes along to cover it all up so that I cannot play anymore. To add insult to injury, she then licks my butt, and blames me for her bad breath. This sister of mine is a piece of work.

Oscar, I would not have to clean up after you if you covered your “brownies” like a normal cat. The whole world knows when you make brownies; I have seen birds fall from the sky because of you making brownies.

Other than the issues that bug us so much, we are enjoying our time here very much. Even this big cat, the one they call “Paw”, is hissing at us less and less every day. When she does hiss, it is usually Oscar’s fault for chasing her or playing with her tail. The humans take us outside at least once a day to play, but we are growing anxious to begin climbing some of the bigger trees. Each time we try, the humans quickly pick us up and bring us back to the bushes. One day those trees will be ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment