Sunday, November 21, 2010

Where, Oh Where, Can She Be?

The day began as it always does; we begin to play when the sun comes up, we eat, make some brownies in the sand, and find a warm soft place in which to lie down and nap. This day was a little different, though, as one of the humans was home much longer than normal. This allowed us to go outside in the morning to play and to hunt, which was a nice change for us.

Later that afternoon, being tired from all of the running around my sister and I were doing, I settled in for a little nap. When I woke up, it was nearly dark, and my sister was nowhere to be found. The humans were not worried, but I was. She had never gone out by herself before, so I did not know where she could be. Making things worse, the humans were not letting me out to go and look for her.

It began to grow darker, and I could tell that now the humans were beginning to worry. Olivia has never been gone this long by herself. I wished that I could go out to look for her. The big human grabbed this little stick that makes light, and soon went outside. It was some time before he came back, but when he did there was still no Olivia. The humans and I were checking the windows off and on for most of the night, and they would occasionally leave with this lighted stick, but soon the night was coming to an end, and still no Olivia.

The night was long, cold, and lonely. And quiet; very, very, quiet. When the next morning finally came, the big human went outside with me to look around. I sniffed at all of Olivia’s favorite places, and could not find a trace of her. The human was looking everywhere, including in the trees and on roofs, but no sigh of Olivia could be found. Where could this sister on mine be?

No comments:

Post a Comment