Sunday, December 12, 2010

She’s Back!

The days and nights were dragging as I waited for Olivia to come home. I could hear the wind howling outside, making me think about how cold, hungry, and alone she must be. The howling wind was frustrating as I could not hear if she was meowing below the windows. What if she needed my help? How would I hear her with all of the noise the winds were making?

The morning has now come for the third time since I have last seen my sister. The humans continued to leave the door open in this little house they call a garage, and had left her bed, food, and water in the garage in case she came home and we could not hear her. I have not slept, eaten, or played very much. The humans spent time yesterday walking around outside, as I checked the windows and waited for any sound that could possibly be her.

The larger human walked around outside for a little bit before leaving for the day, leaving the bed, food, and water in the garage for her just in case. The smaller human stayed home for a while, and was getting ready to leave, when we heard it. Meeeeeooooowwwwww! Meeeeeooooowwwwww! Meeeeeooooowwwwww! Meeeeeooooowwwwww ! Olivia had come back!

Quickly we raced down the stairs, and the door opened, and there she was! My sister had come back home! Without saying a word, she darted up the stairs and went straight for the food bowl. She ate as if she had not eaten for three days.

Oscar, that is because I had not eaten for three days. There was no food inside of this garage that I was stuck in.

You silly kitten, you worried me so much! You cannot go anywhere without me anymore, Olivia. I will shadow you no matter what when we go outside.

Stop biting me Oscar!

I will stop only if you promise to stay close to me when we are outside.

Ok, ok, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment