Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Tree

Today was a very interesting day around here. The larger human brought into the house a very big bag that looked very heavy. It made a very fun, crinkly sound, so Oscar and I both had fun jumping on and off of it. The large human did not think it to be so much fun, and before long we had been banished from this bag by the human.

The human opened up the bag, which made a strange sound while it was opening. The human pulled out of the bag these little green sticks that looked like tree branches. Oscar and I went over to have a sniff, and these things smelled nothing like the branches of a tree. They looked like the branches of a tree, which made this very confusing. Ahhhh HAHHHHI yelled as I leapt into the bag. Ahhh HAHHHH! Oscar followed and jumped on me.

Oooo, these branches are so soft, and playing in this bag is so much fun. The human is not paying any attention to us, as he begins to connect the branches to a big, green stick. Hmm, it almost looks like….no, it cannot be. Can this human really be making a tree…inside….for us? Oooo my goodness, how wonderful a gift this will be! I wonder why the human is starting at the top. It does make for a funny looking tree.

After some time, the tree began to take shape. Olivia, tired out from playing in the bag was napping. I, however, knew that this bag would lead to great things, and decided to conserve my energy. Oh boy, was I correct in my thinking. I went to the sandbox to do, um, cat things, and upon my return behold! A tree has now sprouted up inside of our house. I ran as fast as I could and was soon to the top of the tree.

The first thing I noticed about this tree was that it was much more difficult to climb. The trees outside have thick branches towards the inside, and they get thinner as you move away from the tree. This tree had branches that stayed very thin no matter where you went. Also, the branches were very shiny and cold, as if they were covered in ice. Very, very, strange.

When I woke up, I found my brother straddling this tiny little branch at the top of the now built tree. It was hysterical to watch him attempt to move around up there. After watching him struggle, I decided to go and show him how to climb a tree properly.

Olivia, you…..you came to show me how to climb? You may have come to the tree; you may have climbed the tree, but your method of dismounting the tree sort of discounts your expert status. Howling for a human to lift you down, or jumping from the top to the ground are not “expert” methods of tree climbing.

Oscar, if you don’t stop this instant….

You will do what? Climb a tree to hide?

Ugh! I am out of here!!!!!

I cannot wait to see how she climbs with lights on the tree

Oscar! I heard you….

No comments:

Post a Comment